Even though Spring hasn’t showed it’s best side here, I hope for a sunny Easter weekend. But not even the weather can ruin my excitement for the next couple of days. These delicious cupcakes are super easy and fast to make and a real treat. Plus, they’ll look really festive and cute on your Easter table. The cake is moist and fluffy with a vanillay taste and topped with a sweet frosting off white chocolate, cream cheese and butter. The pastel colors of the mini eggs look super cute and give an extra treat on top. Enjoy!
Prep time: 30 mins, Cook time: 18 mins, Total time: 48 mins
- 1⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk (or whole milk)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup (4 ounces) white chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 5 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 block of chocolate ( I used half of it)
- 24-36 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a different bowl, melt butter and whisk in the sugar, buttermilk, sour cream, and vanilla. Add the liquid ingredients and mix until just combined.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into the batter until combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners ( I used a tablespoon for this but you could also use a ice cream scoop) Bake the cupcakes for 15-18 minutes. To make sure they’re done: if a toothpick comes out clean they are ready!
- Melt the chocolate in bowl in a small pan. Keep stirring till it’s melted and keep an eye on the temperature. Let the chocolate cool down a little before mixing it with the butter and cream cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla and beat another minute. Beat in the sugar a little at a time, mixing until light and fluffy. If necessary add some milk for the right consistency. With a piping bag decorate the cupcakes. Make sure though that the cupcakes are cooled down a little. Otherwise the frosting will melt and drip.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the chocolate to create chocolate shavings. Then sprinkle them over the frosting and top them with Cadbury Mini Eggs.
I hope you will enjoy making and eating these delicious cupcakes! If you are looking for great carrot cake cupcakes, you’ll love these ones!
Recipe source: Garnish and Glaze